Monday, October 04, 2004

Evocative Autumn

Had to run to Trader Joe's tonight for some enticing fishy catfood for Gimli: he was sick yesterday and still didn't want to eat today. I just love this time of the year. The start of school was always exciting for me as a kid (yes, I was a total nerd). New clothes, cooler weather, BOOKS, the approach of the holidays...a world of anticipation. One happy holiday time memory for me is shopping with my mom in the dark evenings of Fall/Winter. When I run to the store after dark, with all of the colored street lights and the bright shop windows lighting the sidewalks, I get a little jab of childhood sense-memory. There's just something exciting about shopping in the dark (also less prone to get a headache from the glaring heat/sunshine down here in Kalifornia).

No comments:

Post a Comment