Thursday, October 28, 2004

Last Night's Lunar Eclipse

Somehow we almost missed the total lunar eclipse last night! Alert neighbor Jeff came and pounded on our door around 8:00 to give us a heads up. I haven't seen a TLE since I was a keed living in Vancouver, WA. It was a warmish night, I remember, and the moon looked exactly like it did last night: red, dim, and yet crystal clear...not like a passing cloud obscuring it. I remember using dad's binoculars to look at it, and how strange it was to see the geological features all dim and red, yet still sharp. I'm looking forward to living somewhere with less light pollution, because I love looking at the night sky!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great? I swiped it from the Seattle Times site. It's just too cool that the photographer got the Space Needle in there...

    ReplyDelete