1. How many books do you read per month? How many are for work/school? I read a couple of novels every month, mostly to help me relax before sleep. And I always have a couple of study things going on, mostly history and/or theology. I listen to a lot of recorded books while I clean house/sew/cook, usually novels.
2. What is your favorite genre of book (fiction, self-help, etc...)? Romantic adventure/mystery (includes contemporary, historical, fantasy, etc.) Favorite authors are Barbara Michaels/Elizabeth Peters, Laurie R. King (her Sherlock Holmes novels), Georgette Heyer, Jane Austen, Jasper Fforde...etc.
3. Do you subscribe to any magazines? Which? Are there any you'd like to subscribe to but haven't? Sunset. I'd love to get Smithsonian and Threads, but funds are tight.
4. Where do you get your reading materials? Online? Bookstore? Library? Library almost exclusively. Next is the used book store.
5. List 5 books you recommend people read: The Bible (technically it's 66 books...however it's an "integrated message system"* so I'm listing it as one work), The Lord of the Rings, The Great Divorce (C.S. Lewis), Mere Christianity (C.S. Lewis), The Screwtape Letters (also Lewis).