Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Hot Weather Bites

Just checked the forecast...and we're going to drop 10-15 degrees in the next few days! Wooo! I guess the whole West coast has been plagued with unusual heat...which is NOT unusual down here, usually. This poor little house (ca. 1946) has NO insulation to speak of, and leaky windows; so we roast on hot afternoons until it's cool enough to open the few screened windows and doors we have. Erk. Anyway...put in an application at Trader Joe's yesterday, too.
Manager: "Why do you want to work here?"
"Well, I shop here constantly...and it's three blocks from my house." To which the food sample girl chimes in, "So she won't always be late like me!!" :-D

Also, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and start holding small dance classes in the front room. This will force me to clean house at least once a week (the horror). Plus it will get me off my hinder and back in shape. We'll see what the man has to say. I'm guessing anything that generates income will be approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment