Friday, April 22, 2005

Quote of the Day

From Going Jesus, a quirky blog from a quirky Episcopalian:

We've had a 19" monitor sitting in the living room since I got my laptop. It was on the floor, just out of the way enough to keep walking past it every day. I finally moved it this week because I needed a new monitor at St. Ned's. The empty space it left has me wondering what else is in my way that I just step around. How long does it take for something to stop being annoying and just become the Way Things Are? (entire post here...)

How much junk in our lives is just "stuff we walk around"? We don't need it, use it, or really want it...it just becomes a collector of dust and a burden to weigh us down. Moving every once in awhile is good for the soul if it does nothing more than force us to get rid of the excess baggage.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I'm convinced that ridding yourself of excess posessions is one of the most liberating things you can do.

    ReplyDelete