Monday, July 31, 2006

Faire to middlin'

We're in the final few days of prep for our little WA "Renaissance (ahem)" festival. I'm in sewing hell, because I'm the only person within 100 miles who actually sews, apparently. I hope this goes well, because we want them to pay us a realistic fee next year instead of the chicken scratch they're paying this time. In the meanwhile, I have no life and I'm worrying about who will take care of the cats/chickens/other horses when we're down near Gig Harbor over the next three weekends...

2 comments:

  1. Ren faires are notorious for pathetic pay in more states than just California, I see... Figures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I know Ren Faire producers aren't exactly fabulously wealthy, but still... Thing is, we're an "experimental" horse act this year, not the "A" joust gig. They want to have less "dead" time in the horse arena, so we're kind of there on a trial basis. We're hoping they get lots of good feedback on what we do so we can get a decent contract next year. We'll see. Right now I can make more on eBay...

    ReplyDelete