Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Yet Another V Day post...

So there was no way we were going out for dinner last night, for many reasons. I made pot roast (#1 fave of #1 man around here), and planned to make a heart cake for dessert...but I didn't budget my time very well so it didn't get finished until this morning. Anyway, there it is! For once I didn't use pink...I decided lavendar icing would be a nice change. Carrot cake: yum.

One of the reasons I didn't get it done last night was that my folks came by for coffee. When mom called and said they were coming over, I knew the reason. Every year since I was old enough to stand unaided, my dad has given his us kids a box of chocolates on Valentine's Day. When we were little, it would be left outside our bedroom door to be the first thing we saw on emerging. I thought maybe he would stop as we got older. Nope; this is one of the ways my very unsentimental, Norwegian, Engineer dad shows us he loves us. No matter where in the world I've lived, something would show up in the mail around this time of the year...and now that I live only a few miles away he can once again hand deliver. Thanks Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment